Savannah River Brewing, “Augusta’s Hometown Brewery,” is now available throughout Northeast Georgia.
About two hours southeast of Athens is the city of Augusta, Georgia. It is mostly known as the home of famous singers like James Brown, Josh Kelley, and two-thirds of Lady Antebellum, and as host to the prestigious Masters Golf Tournament at the Augusta National Golf Club. However, Augusta has recently joined Georgia’s craft beer scene and in February 2017 became known as the home of Savannah River Brewing Company.
Savannah River Brewing is situated in a former distribution warehouse off Fifth Street downtown. In addition to a brew house and packaging facility, the space includes a large tap room and patio open Thursday through Saturday with lots of seating, games, TVs, and of course beer. In the fall of 2017, Savannah River Brewing expanded distribution and made its core brands and seasonals available to the craft beer lovers of Northeast Georgia.
Leon Farmer and Company is proud to partner with Savannah River Brewing and provide its delicious craft beers to our market. Now pouring:
- Dynamite Brown Ale – A classic American brown ale. It has a smooth, malty taste accentuated with a mixture of American hops that is like sugar and spice. So good, so good. 5.9% ABV
- Westobou Amber Ale – A prideful amber ale named in the tradition of the Westobou River, now known as the Savannah River. It has complex malt flavors balanced by an extra helping of Chinhook hops. 5.5% ABV
- Savannah River IPA – A very drinkable India Pale Ale and tribute to our hometown’s pride. It has a sweet, malty, taste balanced with a citrusy hop aroma and plentiful hop flavors. 6.9% ABV
- No Jacket Required Pilsner – A traditional Czech Republic-style pilsner. It is light and crisp with just the right amount of Saaz hops – a delicate balance to achieve the mark of a true champion. 5.0% ABV
- Witty Belgian Wit – A traditional Belgian-style wheat beer. It is brewed with European malts and hops and spiced with orange peel and coriander. Unfiltered for more body and flavor. 5.9% ABV
- Winter Seasonal – Wired Dynamite Coffee Brown Ale – Our typical Dynamite Brown Ale infused with Nicaraguan Selva beans from Buona Caffe in Augusta, Georgia. Mild chocolate and earthy notes. 5.6% ABV